Apr 26, 2020
Hi!

I have a strange problem with my laptop. It came from one day to an other. The Laptop starts to drop frames after a long time of runtime.

First i experienced it in games. My fps from normal 120+ fps dropped to 10-20, than slowly went back to normal. I can even expreience it while normal use of the laptop. (literally right now when I'm writing this thread). It's hard to discribe, but you what I'm talking about. (when typing, the words stop, than it types it fast after a finished the word. The same with the mouse, sometimes i feel my mouse is lagging.) This happens randomly, (right now) and takes 1secs to go back to normal.
If i restart the laptop, it goes just as normal, but if the laptop is turned on like 4 hours straight it starts to do these strange things (did it again.. :))) )
I don't know what can cause this problem. This came from one day to an other, and I'm stuggling with it for more than 2 weeks now.

I hope there's a solution for it. Thanks for reading my thread!

Solution
It could indeed be high temps - I had similar things happen to me on a desktop when the CPU cooler failed.

At least look into it with coretemp or HWinfo.

It could also be a driver issue, etc....you may want to boot into safe mode in Windows or uninstall recent software that may be causing the issue.

Also I suggest going into the process manager and looking for things that are eating up CPU time...it could be anything - a virus, a bad driver, etc.

R
Apr 26, 2020
Asus ROG Strix Scar III G531GT .
Intel Core I7-9750H
16GB Ram
500GB SSD
GTX 1650
I don't think that's because high temps, if it was, than it wouldnt occour while surfing the net, etc...

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
It could indeed be high temps - I had similar things happen to me on a desktop when the CPU cooler failed.

At least look into it with coretemp or HWinfo.

It could also be a driver issue, etc....you may want to boot into safe mode in Windows or uninstall recent software that may be causing the issue.

Also I suggest going into the process manager and looking for things that are eating up CPU time...it could be anything - a virus, a bad driver, etc.

R

Solution