gaming laptop need help

CrazyRocky

Estimable
Jun 3, 2014
I need a laptop that can play minecraft on max setting and record at a solid 60 fps and play high end games at medium to high setting at 30 fps while recording im looking at this pc please tell me if this fits what im looking for 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-4210M processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.2GHz)

Operating System

Windows® 8.1 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

Support

1 Year Alienware Basic Support

Display

14" WLED HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare Display

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5

Memory

8GB DDR3L at 1600MHz (2 x 4G)

Hard Drive

500GB 5400RPM (8G SSD) Hybrid SATA 6Gb/s

Optical Drive

Slot-Loading 8x SuperMulti Drive (DVD/R/RW)

Office Productivity Software

Microsoft® Office Trial

Security Software

No Anti-virus Requested

Wireless

Killer NIC 1202 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0

Primary Battery

6-cell Lithium Ion 69 wHr

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
That GPU is a pretty decent GPU for laptops, its not exactly a "super gaming one" per se but it should handle more recent games at medium to high settings.

This link will show you what to expect for certain games: (scroll down to bottom)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-750M.90245.0.html

NOTE: they use an i7 for some of these benchmarks, but the performance should be relatively similar (albeit a bit lower) as most games are more GPU bound rather than CPU.

When you are recording expect a drop in frame rates (perhaps 5 to 10 fps; depending on the game) .

I noticed the 1 year alienware support, generally i do not recommend Alienware as they generally like to jack up their prices, you could probably find a laptop that isnt as flashy but has better hardware to fill you needs at that price point.

Hope this helps!