So I have just got a gaming laptop and I have feel like it is not performing as it should. It has a 970m, 16gb of ram, and an i7 6700HQ processor. It runs most of the games I have played at around 20 fps or lower. I have tried to disable the onboard gpu but it doesn't help either. I don't know what else it could be. Any help would be great!
Are you using Windows 10 OS?
- Start by running a Windows Update and install all important update there is.
- Next is to clean install the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.