Gaming laptops users review

EA 961

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Hi guys i'm looking into buying a Pascal laptop i've short listed 3 laptops that i would like to get some advice on which one is better in the cooling departement and future proofing i'm looking at a 4 years life spam minimum
These are the laptops :
ASUS ROG G752VM
Asus ROG Strix GL502VS
MSI GT62VR 6RE

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Out of those 3 laptops I would drop the ASUS ROG G752VM because it only has a GTX 1060 GPU. It's a good GPU, but it is only marginally better than the GTX 980m.

Will the GTX 1070 in the other two laptops be good enough to last you at least 4 years? Well, that depends on how high your expectations are as the GTX 1070 ages and newer more graphically demanding games are released.

For example, if only want to play games at 1080p using only max graphic settings and nothing less, then you may be looking at a 1 or 2 year life span depending on how graphically demanding future games you want to play are. If you are okay with dropping to high and then medium graphic settings to maintain high FPS, then it is possible then the GTX 1070 should be...

Ramlethal

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I had a Asus Rog Strix 15.6 Gl502vt-ds71. Despite it was not the exact same model you are watching it may give an idea of the quality Asus works with the Notebooks. Sold it a couple of weeks ago...
Never had a single problem... Despite being a very expensive machine against a desktop with the same rig i have no complains about the Rog Strix... I had played 1080p Witcher 3, 1080p Almost Max settings Overwatch and everything was just fine...
I just sold it cause i purchased 2 GTX 1080 to use in SLI for my Desktop PC and its value was nearly the price for the 2 1080's...

Out of those 3 laptops I would drop the ASUS ROG G752VM because it only has a GTX 1060 GPU. It's a good GPU, but it is only marginally better than the GTX 980m.

Will the GTX 1070 in the other two laptops be good enough to last you at least 4 years? Well, that depends on how high your expectations are as the GTX 1070 ages and newer more graphically demanding games are released.

For example, if only want to play games at 1080p using only max graphic settings and nothing less, then you may be looking at a 1 or 2 year life span depending on how graphically demanding future games you want to play are. If you are okay with dropping to high and then medium graphic settings to maintain high FPS, then it is possible then the GTX 1070 should be capable (but not guaranteed) to last 4 years or more.

Solution

CelicaGT

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I have the G752VS, same as the VM but with a GTX 1070 and Gsync at 75Hz. I got the base version and added my own M.2 NVMe SSD, all in for $2500 CDN. Build quality is good, no panel gaps or squeaks, feels very solid though the keyboard does flex a little. As a warning it came with a LOT of bloatware, I didn't care as the SSD install was gonna include a wipe/reinstall. Screen is nice but it's only a 6 bit IPS, my desktop panels are 8 bit and I do notice the reduced colour depth. Speakers are ok after you tune the EQ a bit. Really happy so far though I did find out after that the 16 gig RAM configurations are in single channel, 1 DIMM....though this in no way impacts performance despite all that we've been fed (OC'd RAM anyone? wait this has it, crap!) As others have said go 1070 minimum you won't regret it.