Gaming network connection

pdjimjim

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
When I'm gaming (playing dota 2) my ping is fine but when someone comes home and their phone automatically connects to the Internet, I start getting pings of 250-1000ms for a short period. The router from the front door is quite far but it's centralised for everyone in the house (about 4-5 metres from me). My two other brothers who also are gaming as well don't have the same issue (one is connected through Ethernet cable and the other through wifi card). I'm connected via wifi card on my PC. Please help!!

Solution
Yes,it is called lag. I got that when i played games online. Wifi is lower connection than eithernet. Try using a eithernet cable ser if your lag reduces. Also check your drivers for your wifi card from your manufacturer wedsite for driver update.

With 3 systems playing on the web you msy need to up your data plan from you broadband provider.

What router do you use brand and model?

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Yes,it is called lag. I got that when i played games online. Wifi is lower connection than eithernet. Try using a eithernet cable ser if your lag reduces. Also check your drivers for your wifi card from your manufacturer wedsite for driver update.

With 3 systems playing on the web you msy need to up your data plan from you broadband provider.

What router do you use brand and model?

Solution

pdjimjim

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Thanks I'll try that tonight, I'm using ; Sagemcom gateway f@st 3864OP NBN