Gaming Notebook with SSD and high quality display

moonblood88

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
I need to find the lowest price on a Gaming Notebook with an SSD and a good quality display.

So far the only thing I've found under $1800 is the MSI GS60 here

I also looked at the Lenovo Y50 but I believe the display would be unsatisfactory for me. Same with some Asus models.

Where can I get a custom notebook with everything I want for the lowest price? I just want a decent GPU, a SSD, a good display, windows 8.1, good cooling and does not overheat.

Solution
You can always purchase a laptop with a 1080p resolution with a good GPU even if it doesn't have an SSD and then replace the hard drive it comes with with the SSD of your choosing.

Side note, an SSD is like a nice luxury. It will help with load times cutting down on the pesky load screens and help the computer boot faster, but it won't improve your gaming experience beyond that. I'm not sure what your situation is, but if you are looking for a good gaming laptop, maybe you should at least consider a desktop. A good gaming laptop is very expensive as you are noticing and building a comparable Desktop is so much cheaper. Just food for thought.

belzoth

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
You can always purchase a laptop with a 1080p resolution with a good GPU even if it doesn't have an SSD and then replace the hard drive it comes with with the SSD of your choosing.

Side note, an SSD is like a nice luxury. It will help with load times cutting down on the pesky load screens and help the computer boot faster, but it won't improve your gaming experience beyond that. I'm not sure what your situation is, but if you are looking for a good gaming laptop, maybe you should at least consider a desktop. A good gaming laptop is very expensive as you are noticing and building a comparable Desktop is so much cheaper. Just food for thought.

Solution

moonblood88

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
I have been planning this purchase for a long time and originally I was going to go with a desktop and put it together. But I need the all in one portability and I still would like to game on it so that is basically my reason for that. And I need the SSD for the improved boot time and general responsiveness of windows.

I'm thinking about getting one from ibuypower. I didn't realize they allowed customization. I'm too used to shopping on Amazon and eBay lol

belzoth

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014

I'm not sure what you need the portability for, but you can always build a solid gaming desktop for around $750 and then buy a netbook or laptop for portability for around $300-$400. Just something to think about.