Ayush711

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I am gonna buy a laptop with these config.- i7 4722hq quad core, 12 gb ram, 1 tb hdd, nvidia gtx 950m 4gb, w10-64 bit. So with this lappy can i play games like battlefield 4, far cry 4, gta V, Cod aw, nfs rival etc AAA games?

Solution

At lower resolutions, generally. There's a lot of variance from game-to-game. It also depends on what fps at which you find games playable comfortably.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
The 950m will be competent -- though not spectacular -- at most AAA games if you back off from 1080p and play at 1280x720 or 1366x768. At 1080p, you'll likely dip into the 20-30 fps range or lower on newer AAA games.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

At lower resolutions, generally. There's a lot of variance from game-to-game. It also depends on what fps at which you find games playable comfortably.

Solution
You can run games out right now pretty well. But you can't upgrade most laptops, so you should be buying for what you think you may want the system to do in the next 2-3-4 years unless you plan on selling and buying a new system or keep lowering settings and frame rates. I'd save a bit and get a system with a 960m + video card at least for a "gaming" laptop. It's like shooting at a moving target, if you aim at where it is now, you will miss it, need to aim ahead to where the games will be when you own the laptop for more than a week.

But you are also getting about the minimum current gaming spec, which will be low end very fast. If you got a 960m + at least that is mid-high range now. Up to you what you get, your money and future use. Just pointing out what you get now is what you have, no upgrade path for most laptops unless you are getting one with an MXM slot card, and even then it's pricey to upgrade. I'm talking about possible games in the lifetime of the system, not something 10 years from now about a moving target.

I'd lower the i7 HQ to an i5 HQ and get a faster video card myself, cost will be the same.