y520 ssd with i5 or i7 with no ssd

Jul 21, 2018
So I have a dilemma between two types of y520
They both have 8GB Ram; GTX 750 Ti 4 GB and 1TB HDD
The difference between them is that the first one has i5-7300HQ + 256 GB SSD and the other one has i7-7700HQ but no SSD
The price is the same.Should i get better cpu with no ssd or a bit worse cpu with no ssd?
Im basically gonna use the laptop for college work, programming and gaming (not sure if going to run HIGH end games) my choice would be the i5 with the ssd, but i want to ask somebody before buying to make sure i wouldn't make a mistake

Also the one with the i5 and ssd has black/gold colora instead of black/red and a cross emblem on the back or sort of.I noticed this design only on this laptop and I know it's probably stupid question, but is there any other difference than the color and the ssd?

Jul 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from vladimir1299 : "Legion y520 vs acer nitro 5"

Basically they both have the same specifications:
8gb ram
Gtx 1050 ti 4 gb
1000gb hdd
256gb ssd
The only difference is that acer has i7 7700hq and the lenovo has i5 7300hq
The acer is more expensive with 50 dollars which is nothing, but i saw something like temperature issues and not good quality overall on the acer.The other issue is that the acer comes with linux preinstalled which will be a problem for me because i just dont like linux and i think if i install windows on it it's going to void the warranty. (if i even manage to install it because i never touched linuz os before)

What would you suggest me to do, on specifications side the acer would be the better choice, but would it void the warranty if i install windows on it and is the installation going to be any different than usual (like accessing bios etc).Just give me your thoughts