Gaming on Macbook 2014

Tochu

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
Hey guys. i've recently purchased a macbook 2014. its an i7 Quad Core 2.2GHz 16GB Ram and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics which is mainly for design and editing. I just wanted to know what temperature my laptop should be at when gaming. i only play CS:GO on minimum settings with a lowered res and it sits at around 55 degrees celcius (SMC Fan control). if i touch the above the keyboard it is hot. Should I be worried or is this normal. also the fan speed is 3038rpm. are there anyways to reduce temperatures. thanks

williamcummins

Estimable
May 9, 2014
I've done 3d rendering for 14 hours straight using coca cola cans and room fan as heat spreader many times and the laptop would become VERY hot. The macbook is still doing good as my cpu never reached 70C. As long as the exhaust slots (under the screen hinges) are not stuck with dust, you should be fine!

This is actually pretty funny because I play CS:GO on the exact same spec's Macbook Pro. It only runs well on low settings and it gets extremely hot at the very top.

I tried to limit my playing time, but out of the two Macbooks I have owned, neither have overheated my CPU.