Gateway Laptop Charging Problem

swamppc

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Hello! i have a gateway p5ws0 with windows 7 and everything was great! until i noticed that while plugged in it wasnt charging (noticed lights were dim being on battery) and the power button is blinking and the battery light in the front is orange and blinking and the light to the left (light bulb symbol) is blue and blinking ive tried a few things googling around such as a power drain hilding the power button with battery out and going to device manager and disabling the compliant controlled method battery and waiting then enabling.

plz help -_- ty

Hi,

It can also be a hardware problem, either the battery or the AC adapter is failing. Try to test the AC adapter using a multi tester and see if it's supplying enough voltage to charge or power the laptop. Also if you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage try it and see if it will work with it. Chances are if the AC adapter is working properly then it's the battery that has the issue.

swamppc

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Tested the ac adapter on other laptops and it charges fine and I have a battery currently otw, it's just a very odd problem because it will charge but not while turned on, and yesterday it worked plugged in with the battery out and it just died suddenly about 2 hours later.

Sanjica

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
Hi, I have the same problem. Gateway laptop is charging only when it's offline.
Did you find any solution for this problem?
Thank you in advance. Regards.