gateway laptop turns on and off repeatedly when on the gateway screen

Brandy_17

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
My gateway laptop turns on to the gateway screen and then turns off. And then turns back on repeatedly. When I push any button a loud beep comes out of the computer?

Try this and see if it works...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2