gateway nv series laptop screen flickers pink,blue,purple,green

Sep 12, 2018
i have gateway laptop that i have been using for quite a while the worked just fin but one day i used it after like 3 weeks and when i turned it on the screen was glitching so since i had to do work i connected a monitor to my laptop and it was working just fine after using it like that for the next few days i automatically started working properly so i know it is not an hardware issue but is started glitching again the next day. please help me!!!!!!!

here is how it looks like
https://youtu.be/bU9wCaYqY8g

Solution
An example would be take a cable that is loose, but only when the laptop is moved a certain way. So some of the time it would connect, while other times it won't. Hence my suggestion to start there.
Actually that looks totally like a hardware issue. If the external monitor showed everything just fine, no problems, then it is either the actual screen or the cable that connects it. Looking at the issue, it seems more in line with the cable either being damaged or loose that is causing this. The laptop would have to be opened up and the cable completely disconnected, and then reconnected, on both ends, to see if it is loose. If that doesn't resolve it then the cable will have to be checked for damage and possibly replaced. After that you are looking at replacing the whole display.

You can either try doing this yourself, if you feel comfortable doing so, or take it to a tech. Unless the laptop is still under warranty. In that case you should contact the manufacturer.

Sep 12, 2018
thanks for telling me so info i would not have any problems trying to do this on my own since i do have some experience but it does not make sense how it is possible for the screen to be working perfectly fine after a few days how ever i will try to see whats wrong with the laptop