Question Gateway NV53 won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

greek56

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
I've tried on startup hitting alt f10 the screen that came up is edit boot options, windows setup next line path, \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe then under that [ /minint /redirect RDIMAGEOFFSET=8192 RDIMAGELENTH=3161088 RDPATH=multi (0) d7 sk(0) rdisk (0) partion (1) \sources\ boot.w7m it's not a 7 it's looks like a 7with a . On the right top of it so I hit enter it says starting windows the symbol comes up then it says please wait a moment then it stays that way for hours nothing happens the please wait a moment is still on the screen. Any other suggestions?

greek56

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
Replace the hard drive, do a clean Windows setup on that, copy your files form the old drive using an external drive enclosure.
You think the hard drive is bad? I'm trying to avoid buying new stuff it's not worth it if it can't be fixed if I hit Alt F10 once it says loading files then says one moment and that's where it stays.

You think the hard drive is bad? I'm trying to avoid buying new stuff it's not worth it if it can't be fixed if I hit Alt F10 once it says loading files then says one moment and that's where it stays.

When you get errors with booting like you are seeing when it won't load all the way, and gives some file errors, I usually find that the easiest and fastest way of getting it fixed is with just replacing the drive and installing Windows again. That's an older laptop, if it's the original hard drive that's in it, replacing it with a lower end SSD will speed it up by quite a bit, along with having a very good chance of fixing the boot issue. Most likely thing is that it's a drive issue. You can get a 240/250 gb SSD for about $30 now and a 120 gb for about 20 or less. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-120gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive/5900260.p?skuId=5900260

Status
Not open for further replies.