Question Stuck on App menu/boot menu page at startup

Mar 1, 2022
My thinkpad (P51s, windows 10) crashed. Now when I start it up I see the lenovo splash screen that says to interupt normal startup, press enter. Then it will go to the boot menu (blue and gray screen with two tabs, boot menu and app menu, under boot menu my options are windows boot manager and PCI Lan, under app menu my options are Diagnostic Splash Screen and Lenovo Diagnosics). When I select windows boot manager the screen refreshes. I have run the lenovo diagnostics (took about 10 hours) and everything passed. How can i delete it all or install new OS if the only page i get is this one. Is there a backdoor to command prompt or a way out . im stuck.

Mar 1, 2022
Not at all I don't care if I have to format.. but I can't find a way off of that page everything I hit since the circle back to that I don't care if I have to format it or lose everything cuz I've got an ISO disc for Windows XP ready to go.

mr_random

Great
Feb 28, 2022
Not at all I don't care if I have to format.. but I can't find a way off of that page everything I hit since the circle back to that I don't care if I have to format it or lose everything cuz I've got an ISO disc for Windows XP ready to go.

theres a few ways to reinstall your windows depending on the age of your laptop you can create a usb install drive and use that to install windows or insert the windows cd and go into the bios menu and change the boot device to the cdrom that way the computer will read the cd as soon as it starts up

or change it to usb boot up first and it will ready the usb first.

Mar 1, 2022
ok well here is the deal. when i power on it goes to that boot menu and i canyt get offf it. thats my problem. i have a windows ISO disk ready to boot.i just cant get outof the boot menu loop