Gene Simmons to DDoS Hackers: We Will Find You

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Do you guys feel the same way about software downloads via P2P? Do you think since you can get games via torrents that you should be 'entitled' to download it without paying for it?

If not, I'd like to know the difference between album downloads and game downloads.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
By gene whining about losing money due to piracy, he's probably losing even more due to everyone thinking he is an asshole and not wanting to buy anything of his.

No matter how illegal it is, no one wants to hear a multi-millionaire complain about losing money.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Now... for the first time.

KISS has become very uncool. And they could have faded away like many other 70s bands, but good marketing brought them back. And he has his show which is generally about rebellion... geez.

Music industry is suffering because people aren't willing to buy their crap as much. The market now demands the ability to buy the songs they want, not the entire $12 CD in which 2 out of 12 songs are worth listening too.

BECAUSE of P2P and how music is shared or becoming known, smaller and more talented bands have been given a chance.

I still buy CDs. I have like 10 songs on my Android... so no, I'm not quite modernized. But I like having music I paid for, to be physical and DRMless so I can play it on my PC, in my car, my notebook, etc.

But Gene Simmons is RIGHT, bands must protect their copyrights... there are right ways and wrong ways.

Gene... not cool. And FBI can't do anything about attacks outside the USA. If you see sales down for your TVs and music, it might be wishing anal rape in Prison is the cause. Karma man... Karma.

Repelsteeltje

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Can't help it, sounds like ruthless Shylock against the merchant pirates. "Make sure there are no incursions. Be litigious. Sue everybody. Take their homes, their cars. A pound of their flesh. Don't let anybody cross that line." Gene would be quite unlikeable if he weren't so caricaturally funny in his macho, sexist money-grabbing sort of way. The man is a parody of himself.

G

Makes me, who is totally not interested in his crappy music, want to fileshare it, just for the sake of bothering him!

I don't file share though...

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
DDoS are a pain in the ass, but are they against the law? What is the law concering this, anyway? It's doubtful a hacker would go to the same jail as a hardened criminal. Do they discriminate white collar versus general crime? Also, until proved in court, wouldn't printing names and pictures and saying that these are the guys who did it be lible? Defamation of character? I dunno ...

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
There are some stupid folks who DDoSed directly from their command promt (like some guys from 4chan), but he is not going to catch those few who used a Botnet to attack.

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Why is gene making himself sound like a dick?

Because he is. I've met him once shook hands with him. observed him on another occasion at a backstage party. He is one of the biggest asshats I've ever met. I will say though he is a marketing guru.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Simmons: Hello, is that the FBI?

FBI: Yes sir, how can we help?

Simmons: There was something called a D-D-O-uh-S attack on my website - I'd like to file a report with your cyber-terrorism squad.

FBI: Is this some kind of hoax?

Simmons: NO! These punks took down my personal website www.genesimmonsrocksyoursocks.com because I threatened them with legal action!

FBI: Er, I'm sorry sir - we don't do that. We investigate matters of national security, this really isn't a good use of federal resources. Have you tried apologising to them? Or maybe just not pissing off everyone on the whole internet?

Simmons: I demand justice! They're destroying the record industry - how is that not terrorism?!

FBI: GTFO *click*

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Who is he anyway?

sorry I don't play Guitar heroes so I have no idea who this douchebag is.

why call him a douchebag? cuz he 100% sound like one.

gomi

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
If it weren't for illegal downloads not many people would be listening to Kiss albums. I smell a publicity stunt by Gene Simmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.