Gene Simmons to DDoS Hackers: We Will Find You

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
What Mr. Simmons should have said:

"It has come to my attention that there are people on the internet downloading KISS music "illegally". You people are still interested in KISS music? Wow! Thank you. It amazes me that KISS can still be relevant 30+ years since we recorded those songs! I'll be honest, I've made just about all the money I can from that music, so please, download all you want. While you are at it, please download all the Katey Perry and Ke$sha "music" you want as well. However, when it comes to real music, good music, please support those artists financially, because if you don't they will cease to exist, and there will be no more music left worth downloading. Save Lady Gaga. Please don't let it come to that. Again, thank you, your fellow Knight In Satan's Service, Gene."

G

Not in favor of illegal downloading but since he is promoting and happy for an horrendous crime ( rape in this case ) against a illegal download I would love to see him get nailed by all world hackers.

With this position Mr Simmons ethics are very clear and obviously not to be proud of. I think that what is happening with him is a case of not knowing how to age and not to be under the lights... but hey Mr. Simmons, you will be, shortly, at your age the surgery room or the coroner lights are quite close...

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I never really had anything against Gene till he makes these kinds of comments. WTH is he smoking. We're going to find you, give me a break. Speaks like a big talking forum troll... Sheesh... GFY Gene.

MrJbot

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The hackers can be tracked if they get on it quickly, but if they are from another country Gene is pissing in the wind. The only thing he has managed to due is look like an ass, and show his greed.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
There were reasons copyright durations were intended to be limited, and people lounging about relying on 30+ year old work they long ago recouped any costs from and made significant profits on while contributing nothing new is one of them.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
We will find you.

No, you won't.

Second, they might find their little butts in jail, right next to someone who's been there for years and is looking for a new girl friend.

You scream bloody murder over copyright infringement yet you clearly not only endorse rape but find it amusing in your mind.

There is no more reason to listen to what this man says.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Just because you lost $6 kazillion dollars trying to market LED TVs with the name Kiss, doesn't mean you have to get pissed off at the world and try to get back the money you lost.

I used to like Kiss too...

silentx

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
the consequences will never be the same!, i've reported it to the cyber police...

wait havent we heard this before?

luc2k

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Someone should send him a torrent link to the KISS discography and ask (nicely) for an autograph. That would piss him off.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Example of common theme of some posts, not singling this one out for any reason but convenience:

[citation][nom]beachbod[/nom]How many people here that are bashing gene have ever worked for free?wtfpwnedbbq[/citation]

>>Implying he hasn't already been paid many times over for his "work". I haven't ever worked for free (unless you count charity work). OTOH, I don't expect to get paid indefinitely for work I did years or even decades ago and have already been paid for handsomely.

In the real world people do a job and get paid - every day! If *IAA employees honestly can't make a living out of this outdated yet still egregiously profitable industry then perhaps they should try doing something else - a job where they have to show up and DO SOMETHING in order to get paid. Mind you, you have to show up to work EVERY DAY or you won't be paid, no sitting back and letting the money roll in for life + 70 years now - oh no!

Plenty of people on Tom's probably do "work for free" as you call it. Perhaps they code FOSS for pleasure, or maybe they are paid by Canonical or Redhat for the work they do. Either way they simply don't expect to be paid for every time a third party makes a copy of a linux distro.
Some people here may "work for free" because they make/record music using DAW computers and rease their work under creative commons licences. Perhaps they just wanted to share. Perhaps they couldn't be signed by the RIAA-member companies because the A&R men don't think their music is "commercial" enough - Far more talented musicians will never be heard beacuse of the record industry than have been promoted by it. However, those free files promote the artists' works so that they attract large audiences who pay to see them perform live (actually DOING WORK). Enabling them to make a living IN SPITE of the record industry.
Others still may use professional CAD software to design things like cars and buildings. Architects don't expect to be paid for everyone who enters (or looks at) their buildings. They did a job, got paid, then moved on to another job. General motors doesn't call up its customers and say "We've heard you carpool to work, we demand you pay us four times as much for your car - carpooling is killing the automotive trade! These are creative arts, and their work may indeed be protected from commercial exploitation but they don't go around suing the end-users of their creativity.

They got paid, they moved on and did something else and got paid again - for the work they actually did. If people still enjoy their work years, decades even generations hence - they rejoice, not demand payment!

ejunkiex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Im sure he doesn't have 'Microsoft sized' resources. so lets have a laugh everyone and cheers to the anti-piracy crusader. gene may be a god of rock but he's such a little boy to this internet thing.

JAMAICA - piracy central

ejunkiex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
evolve or die. good content gets supported, crappy content gets ignored. release better content get more revenue. does he need a flow chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.