Steelers66

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hi, I know a Go-Phone can use an AT&T/Cingular sim, but what generic "prepaid" phone uses the Verizon style sim? Wife has Verizon now, hates it, but has it for another 12 months. We did an upgrade but the phone we got sucks, never shop online only. I have Cingular and am using a GO-PHONE Razor V3 with my sim in it. Can we do the same for a verizon network? What brand is it? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Verizon phones for the most part do not use a sim unless roaming over seas. Saying that... they do have a similar pre paid service to go phone called In Pulse. I have not tried activating a in pulse phone on a contract account. Best bet would to be shop ebay, from a highly related user, and get a different phone. Then sell your old one you dont like! :) Someone out there might like it for different reasons. If you need a good phone to choose pick up an motorola e815 that is for the verizon network. I used that till it fell apart. It is nice because it gives you better reception due to external antenna vs internal like any you will buy in store from verizon today. If reception was not the issue then use www.phonescoop.com to...

Carmon355

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Verizon phones for the most part do not use a sim unless roaming over seas. Saying that... they do have a similar pre paid service to go phone called In Pulse. I have not tried activating a in pulse phone on a contract account. Best bet would to be shop ebay, from a highly related user, and get a different phone. Then sell your old one you dont like! :) Someone out there might like it for different reasons. If you need a good phone to choose pick up an motorola e815 that is for the verizon network. I used that till it fell apart. It is nice because it gives you better reception due to external antenna vs internal like any you will buy in store from verizon today. If reception was not the issue then use www.phonescoop.com to look up reviews on phones and pick one

Solution