George Lucas Seriously Considering Star Wars 3D

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Only worth while if doing NEW Star Wars movies and ONLY *IF* someone else is directing and writing the script.

Lucas... I love the world you created, but its not something you're good at for a long time.

Avatar is doing very well in theaters (#1 in 5 weeks straight) because its a very good movie. Nothing in SW EP 1~3 blew me away, visually, story or acting.

G

thats all we need a pro anti piracy leader with 1 billion dollars. lmao. some knucklehead reported lucas might plan on rebooting starwars, i couldnt stop laughing.

G

the only way they could ever improve on the original star wars movies would be to make it rated R and massively improve the lightsaber battles, as to the stupid comment above of the gimmiky 3D vs camerons avatar, avatars 3D was not so great and had no pop out or frontal 3D wich modern films are lacking that are in 3D do to perfectly cropping the four sides.avatar was a great movie by itself, not because of the 3D work

G

they should have done that with the semi terrible star trek reboot. im banning reboots if he reboots the original trilogy and further lucas movies. lol.

G

lucas's prequel and special editions of star wars were terrible, he should have just started with episode 8

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
George Lucas needs to get his act together and focus on getting all six Star Wars movies onto Blu-Ray in 2D before he starts setting his sights on 3D versions of the movies. It's not like Blu-Ray players are uncommon. Most households that have an HDTV have a Blu-Ray player.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Leave em alone and work on something new.

But can they? Can they seriously come up with something that isn't badly-acted, CGI-swamped, politically-correct trash? Anikin Skywalker couldn't act to save a fly let alone a Death Star. After a seemingly endless array of computer animation (to make up for the sloppy script and acting), I wouldn't want to watch it again in 2 dimensions, let alone 3..

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Tricky to put existing 2D film into 3D I would think
-I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Well, we’ve been looking for years and years and years at trying to put Star Wars in 3D
-Do or do not, there is no try

It takes more money and man power, but converting any 2D movie to 3D is 100% doable.
-You don't know the power of the dark side!

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
If they did a new movie with the original trilogy cast, and very little to no CGI, I'd be first in line and be willing to drop a ben franklin to see it. I hated the newer movies. I mean come on... even Yoda was CGI in the newer films!

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Ummm folks, this is just another lame cash grab for Lucas to dip into the pockets of gullible people (read fans) before he has to finally release the films on blu-ray.

The guy has no class or dignity anymore. He surrounds himself with yes men that view him as god. When he made the first three movies he had to fight and he had to take onboard suggestions from others. That made them great, there was collaboration. The last three are classic examples of what happens when no one questions anything.

The best thing for the Starwars franchise would be for Lucas to...ahem dissapear. Thats the only way to preserve the legacy intact.

G

About the whole 7-9 thing. Their argument is they want something new, so don't waste your time on redoing the old star wars movies, spend your time on making the 7-9 movies. Back before the prequels came out there was news articles that said after they were made Lucas was thinking about doing the sequels to the original 3 movies. They would be taking place after the movies with Carrie Fisher and that there would be 3 of them. There are the 7-9 that I believe other are referring to.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Avatar 3D: No stupid attempts at throwing 3D objects at the viewer, 3D not being exploited to annoy users.

Star Wars 3d: If they make a new movie, it'll be full of idiot things flying to your face. Every lame excuse to have 3D objects thworn at you or idiot characters making stupid things in 3D flying at you.

I'll pass, thanks.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Any bets the next Star Trek film will be in 3D. That $1BN carrot has got every director drooling now.

PS: Leave Star Wars alone Lucas... you had your way with it now move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.