George Lucas Seriously Considering Star Wars 3D

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I Was A "DieHard" SW Fan... Until George Lucas KILLED SW. He Should Have Stopped At The SW "Special" Edition, And Even Then, That Might Have Been To Much. I HOPE That 3D SW Never Happens!

Also, Han Shot First!

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]This sounds promising. Hope he release this in theaters and not just straight to dvd...that would be seriously lame.[/citation]
Doubt he is going to release his new 3D star wars movie on dvd only.

bkane4

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
If you like the old versions so well just watch them. Who cares if George lucas likes to live in the present and push what is possible. He is not someone that is going to sit on an old movie or franchise that already is worth millions if he can do what he loves and create a movie that captures the interest of newer viewers that really like a good franchise and high technology filming. This is retarded always hearing "Stay with the old" - Talk about living in the past. Internet wasnt an option when star wars originals came out, so why are you on this forum?? Why dont you pull out a typewriter or pen and mail your comments in? Prejudice never shows much reason.

G

Imagine the blue intro and opening crawling from out of the screen into the screen. Instant whoa. I don't know if the camera work of the PT was intended to be 3D compliant but I think it will be possible to deliver a convincing 3D experience in post. Matrix did a much better forward thinking job in 3D-compliant shooting. Looking forward to it.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
There was a time when Star Wars was cool! Then Episodes I and II (not so much III) ruined it for me beyond salvage. Lucas is a sell out who got so so lucky with Star Wars. If he was as talented as people give him credit, then all Star Wars games would have been at least good, instead they're disastrous (with very rare exceptions), and he would stop milking this cow and maintain some professional dignity. Clearly he's not as talented as we initially thought...

phraun

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
What a fantastic idea... He can spend more money driving his already-devastated IP further into the ground. George, it's time to retire. Let someone competent take over and go find yourself a house on the beach to laze around in for the rest of your life.

hawkwindeb

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Remember that he spent lots of money and time re-working the 4-6 (new hope thru return) to take them from the 70's and early 80's tech to later tech when he re-released as the "Special" or whatever he called them. He added scenes like Hans stepping on/over Jabba the Hut, backgrounds as in City in the clouds, and other enhancements. So, these were things he wanted to do for the originals when they were originally shot, but the tech was not avail to meet his vision. When the tech was avail he put them in. So he may make 3D versions or not and if he does, he "might do it right" w/o resorting to just a few 3D coming at you only gimmicks. Time will tell. BTW, I enjoyed the orig for what they were, the specials, and 1-3. If there are 3D versions, I'll check them out and hold judgment on them until then as well as if there might be 7-9.

G

When George Lucas redid the original Star Wars Movies with an added additional footage that at the time, they didn't have the technology to pull off. This was cool. I don't think he should mess with the current movies. George if you read this, please don't. I am Star Wars Fan to the core. If you don't want to tackle another trilogy. There is ton of single stories out there that follow up from your movies. The courtship of Princess Leia or one about the Black Sun competing with Darth Vader for favor with the Emporer. 3D effects zooming thru City would be thrill ride. If games could get the same effects. Tie fighter or X-Wing redos would be perfect.

G

The best would be the part where Mace Windu is pointing his purple lightsaber diagonally towards the camera when he is threatening Darth Sidious in Episode III. That would be the best in 3-D.

G

yeah leave the star wars 1 to 6 as they are, i mean before you even consider star wars in 3d at least relase the starwars hexologie or antohology or whatever. still waiting for that! all i have is divx rips and a bunch of versions of the vhs tapes!

G

Go for it, George. I want to be immersed in the Star Wars world just like when I was a kid. Good 3-D will deliver that.

There are many variations of the movie (digitally remastered, special editions, etc.) 3-D is just another.

G

i don't understand why a remake is not necessary. I have watched and enjoyed all the movies but 4-6 just doesn't connect in any way with 1-3... its like there two different sequels and thats not how it should be. You could tell from the story that they connect in some way but the movies 4-6 have a 30 year difference between the movies 1-3.

G

Mr. Lucas should remake all six films, and this time leave the writing to someone else. Maybe get Phillipa Boyans and Fran Walsh to write the script and film all six in 3-d

G

I think the the prequels would look better in 3D especially revenge of the sith and attack of the clones, but don't dick around with the older ones. they're to sacred to be modernized

Status
Not open for further replies.