Get sound from my smart lg tv to my external speakers

Solution
If these bookshelf speakers aren't self powered you would need an amp to drive them. Speakers from cheap systems often use RCA connectors as speaker terminal but it's not the same as the RCA jack with a line level output.
If they are self powered (have a power cord as well as an input) are you sure your TV has analog audio OUTPUT and not input?
Most TVs have optical audio out (a few have coax digital out which is a single RCA jack). If you have a headphone out you could use that.

Warrenj123

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Warrenj123

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hi and firstly thanks for getting in touch.
I have been through the sub menu for sound and tried all the options, however when I initially go to settings to change picture or sound etc it's saying sound is disabled and I can't seem to open that sub menu to make alterations

If these bookshelf speakers aren't self powered you would need an amp to drive them. Speakers from cheap systems often use RCA connectors as speaker terminal but it's not the same as the RCA jack with a line level output.
If they are self powered (have a power cord as well as an input) are you sure your TV has analog audio OUTPUT and not input?
Most TVs have optical audio out (a few have coax digital out which is a single RCA jack). If you have a headphone out you could use that.

Solution