Getting Best Audio from Sound Bar

gmoan

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi,

I have an LG tv that does not pass through DD i.e. converts everything to stereo. I have my cable box (videotron), ps3, and computer (mac book pro) connected to the tv via HDMI. I just bought the vizio 2.1 soundbar and I would like to be able to get true DD from my soundbar. It is currently attached to my tv via an optical cable.

Question is: even though everything is connected via hdmi to my tv, can I also connect digital coaxial cable from my soundbar directly to my cable box and somehow make the cable box output sound through the coaxial cable instead of through the hdmi (hence getting the DD directly to soundbar). I was able to do it on my ps3 with an optical cable by choosing the right audio output options; however when i tried it, I had not connected the optical cable to the tv yet (I only have one optical cable for now).

gmoan

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
yes it does, but I read that pcm does not passthrough DD (see link)

http://www.cnet.com/news/20-tvs-tested-which-sets-can-pass-surround-sound-to-a-sound-bar/

gmoan

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015

yes it does, but I read that pcm does not passthrough DD (see link)

http://www.cnet.com/news/20-tvs-tested-which-sets-can-pass-surround-sound-to-a-sound-bar/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 0
B Audio 0
P Audio 0
E Audio 0
shahriar.ratul3123 Audio 6
Sound guy Audio 1
S Audio 1
N Audio 6
A Audio 1
C Audio 2
C Audio 3