Solved! Getting Sound setup

ronb1955

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I bought a new Vizio P65-F1 and have my Sony sound system connected via HDMI. When I turn the vizio off with remote the the sony turns off too. Problem is when I turn the vizio back on with remote the sony sounds does not come on. WIth my old insignia everything worked fine.

Solution
CEC often doesn't work as you wish it would. Each manufacturer doesn't have to make sure that it's works with products other than their own. Sometimes not even then.
Get a Logitech Harmony universal remote. They have macros that will handle turning off and on all the equipment in the set up.
Sony sound does not come on, but is there a LED light that turns on the Sony, signaling is getting "something?"

What happens if you hit volume up? Am suspecting your Sony requires more extra time to "boot up" and your TV is sending it 2 successive quick commands and the Sony is missing the 2nd.

If the Sony wakes up, just no sound, what happens if you use Sony's own remote to manually switch it to HDMI input?

CEC often doesn't work as you wish it would. Each manufacturer doesn't have to make sure that it's works with products other than their own. Sometimes not even then.
Get a Logitech Harmony universal remote. They have macros that will handle turning off and on all the equipment in the set up.

Solution