Gibson Loses Guitar Hero Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Wait let me get this straight... this guy has a patent on simulating a musical performance? So if I were to take a flute and pretend to play while watching a real performance I would be infringing upon it? Wouldn't this also effect every single music video with a instrument in it?

Its possible to patent everything! I call dibs on breathing, chewing, or being made out of atoms!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Wait let me get this straight... this guy has a patent on simulating a musical performance? So if I were to take a flute and pretend to play while watching a real performance I would be infringing upon it? Wouldn't this also effect every single music video with a instrument in it?Its possible to patent everything! I call dibs on breathing, chewing, or being made out of atoms![/citation]
At least the judges seem smart enough to make the right choices even if the patent office doesn't.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Actually, it is very close. If guitar hero used a real guitar, and by real all i mean is it made actual analog sound regardless of conversion of amplification, it would have been covered. Their idea was very close but never mass produced or popular. While they above all people should know guitar hero in no way use actual musicalo skill, their patent is legitimate. Similar products have around for years and I was always amazed Guitar Hero became popular.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
This is ridiculous! Gibson! The best(for me) guitar company in the world! Suing activision for letting players pretend their playing with real instruments! That sucks!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
This is ridiculous! Gibson! The best(for me) guitar company in the world! Suing activision for letting players pretend their playing with real instruments! That sucks!

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
This is odd.. When I bought Guitar Hero World Tour, it came with a "Gibson" guitar.. When i read the title of the article, i thought they were referring to the controller that uses the Gibson name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS