Solved! Gigabyte comparison nightmare

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
G' Morning everyone,

I am on the verge of buying the Gigabyte Aero 15x for work/gaming. One of the reasons why I chose Gigabyte is that I already have a 512 GB NVME SSD and would like to be able to use it, rather than have it waste away and since Gigabyte is the only laptop (that I know of) that combines 2 NVME slots and easy upgrade.

I looked at Zephyrus, G65 Stealth and Razer Blade 15, but struck the first two for complicated replacement/upgrade process and the Razer since it has only one NVME slot.

Now, to the question at hand. I don't know if I should get the 1060 MaxQ or the 1070 MaxQ. I want to be able to play modern titles and keep the laptop for at least 4 years. I don't do any editing/creating on my laptop. For work, I usually work with a ton of pdf, word, power point, excel, etc.

I don't think I'll need to upgrade the ram in the near future, since it has 16 GB of it, but if I need to, I know that it is a simple plug and play (I believe the laptop comes with a single 16GB module). I will appreciate your assistance in deciding if I should go for 1060 or 1070.

Thank You

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013

I have looked through the stat comparisons between the 1060 and 1070 (maxqs) and I dont really seem to be able to understand how better the 1070 is over 1060. If you have any experience with the two, could you share it here??

Depends on the exact thing you are doing and the settings, but a 1070 will be easily 30% faster.

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013

Alright then, 1070 it is!! Thank you for your help

Do you know if Gigabyte Aero 15x will get any discounts in the upcoming black november sale?? Preferably over Newegg, but I'll consider Amazon too if it gets cheaper