Girl Asks Nintendo for Free DS, Nintendo Obliges

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidman

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Actually... when I was a child I wrote the LEGO company. I spent a long time recovering from various illnesses and LEGO's were how I passed the time. They liked my letter so much they ended up sending me a whole big box full of LEGO set's!!

Granted they were box misprints, or missing a few pieces or something along those lines, but that doesn't matter. The deed still sits in the back of my head to this day, and I will always buy their products when I can for my kids. Sometimes a simple act like that from the company is all it takes to change someone's life.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ik242[/nom]ok i'm writing to merzedes benz, ferrari, porsche, lamborgini... someone got to respond...[/citation]
lol...somehow a car is going to cost a touch more than a DS would, and they're not going to get the same publicity on a tech site

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
At first I was sympathetic for the kid but she already has a Wii. Now she's so desperate that she writes to the company for another gaming device?? That's like "I have this toy, this toy and this toy and now I want THAT toy too!"

Anyhow, good work Nintendo- either way. ;)

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
When I was in grade 3 or 4 the Toronto Raptors were pretty new and Mrs. Doubtfire was the shit. I made a modified 'rap' to Mrs Doubtfires 'Dinosaur' rap that Robin Williams did with the toys, except it was about basketball and the Raptors.

They mailed back a Raptors basketball, a few autographed pictures, and free tickets for the family, though we weren't able to get to the game.. forget why now. But anyway, hearing back from something like this is just pretty damn awesome when you're that age :D

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Dear Apple,

plz send me iphone yes?

Reply:

Dear Xantek24,

Here is an Ipad directly from Steve Jobs.....(power on ipad.....SUCKER PUNCH!!!!)

G

lolz @ you sepo's saying that grade is too harsh, no wonder we call you sepos

G

Terrabl grammar and spelin for a 6 grder. Surprized she didnt got a D.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Metre[/nom]I had a similar class assignment way back in the day. Suffice to say I didn't get what I asked for...[/citation]

Yeah but you wrote penthouse magazine and they didnt send the centerfold to a 12 year old... maybe you should have used your home address instead of the schools.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i used to call any number i could find on a product in my house when i was a kid and tell the manufacturer that i loved their product. it was sooooo good and i love when my parents reward me with it.

about 50% of the time, they'd take my address and send free or (impressively) discounted manufacturer coupons to my address with correspondence stating how appreciative they were for the contact. true story.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]This is very well written. I am in college and I have problems writing even half this letter. Im outraged by that C.[/citation]

That's just sad, if you can't write better than this eleven year old you have a lot of hard work a head of you. She did alright for her age, but there were lots of mistakes, a C is appropriate. If for some reason you didn't realize it, all of the items written in pen were corrections.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
It's good that they actually made them write it freehand & not type it up on the computer. No spell check with freehand.

[citation][nom]mackeral[/nom]Terrable grammar and spelin for a 6 grder. Surprized she didnt got a D.[/citation]

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]codefuapprentice[/nom]Awww....made me feel warm and fuzzy to read this Glad she got her DS[/citation]
Really? I thought of spoiled brat. She already had a Wii and a bunch of ghame, deal with it.
I had a N64 and got a new game once a year. When I was young(er), I did things, like, go outside and play. Amazing, right?

G

This generosity from Nintendo Australia does not surprise me. Wind the clock back 30 years to when I was an 8 year old kid. I dropped my Nintendo Donkey Kong game console into an drink Eski at a school outing in the Domain near the Sydney opera house. The LCD in the Donkey Kong was destroyed by the melted ice. I was devastated, but determined I wrote a letter to Nintendo Australia begging them to replace my broken game because I was only 8yo and could not afford to replace it. I was blown away when they replied by mailing me a sympathetic letter and a brand new Nintendo Donkey Kong game console. I wish they could have seen the joy and happiness they brought to a poor kids face that day. Go Nintendo!!!

G

Dear Sony executives,

I want my Other OS back! It would be very kind of you if I get it back, along with a slim PS3 with full hardware PS2 compatibility and flash cards reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.