Girl Asks Nintendo for Free DS, Nintendo Obliges

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]mackeral[/nom]Terrabl grammar and spelin for a 6 grder. Surprized she didnt got a D.[/citation]

I really hope this sentence you've written is a complete and utter joke. Otherwise, I'd call you a fool sir. (Either that, or someone needing a little more time in K-6)

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]victomofreality[/nom]The free publicity they'll get for this is worth SOOOOO much more then the cost of a ds... I need to try just asking companies for things some time...[/citation]

Sometimes, just call the 1-800 number that's on the label of a product to provide feedback. They send out free stuff at times, for doing so. They want your feedback.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Dear Nintendo,

I am not a 6th grader and I am not 11 years old. I am not writing a class assignment to you, but I do love your products. Please send me a free Nintendo 3DS.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
This is the state of our society? Greed? What can I get for free instead of working hard for it or saving up for?

The girl was greedy and did NOT deserve to get the DS, period. Good for her parents to NOT give in to her demands (I can imagine, kicking and screaming. She already has a Wii for goodness sakes), but if I were her parents, I would make her give up the DS to someone else more deserving of it.

Disgusting.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Off Topic: [citation][nom]nintendo_kid[/nom] I dropped my Nintendo Donkey Kong game console into an drink Eski at a school outing in the Domain near the Sydney opera house.[/citation]

It took me a good five minutes to figure what an "Eski" was referring to; I had never heard the term before, I assumed Aussie slang. So for all my fellow Yanks as dense as I: Its an ice chest. "Eski", short for "Eskimo", they live in cold regions...ice chest = cold...get it? I need to get out more.

On Topic: If Mom says "No", ask Dad. If Dad says "No", ask the manufacturer. Hope my kids don't figure this one out...

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]Zoidman[/nom]Actually... when I was a child I wrote the LEGO company. I spent a long time recovering from various illnesses and LEGO's were how I passed the time. They liked my letter so much they ended up sending me a whole big box full of LEGO set's!! Granted they were box misprints, or missing a few pieces or something along those lines, but that doesn't matter. The deed still sits in the back of my head to this day, and I will always buy their products when I can for my kids. Sometimes a simple act like that from the company is all it takes to change someone's life.[/citation]

I bet if you write them again now, thanking them for how they helped you out so long ago and letting them know you are now providing the same level of enjoyment for your kids - they would probably send you more free stuff without even having to ask for it.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Dear Sony,

I'm in 6th grade and I have xbox, xbox 360 and wii. However, to complete my collection, I have a big request. Please send me PS1, PS2, PS3 original and PS3 slim. If possible, please send 40GB, 80GB and 120GB for each PS3 (6 total please). My other 24 classmates write their st00pid letter to Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega, Atari, Electronic Arts, Intel (one asks for core i7 lol), AMD/ATI (one asks for an old AGP, don't ask why) and Infinityward (asking them to leave company for Respawn). As you can see, my request is big but simple. You have 30 days to comply. Thank you for reading my 6th grade letter and have a wonderful life... err I mean day.

Sincerely mine,
sliem

G

Dear Mr Horacio Pagani,
I would like a Zonda R Clubsport...
(Yeah, right...)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]HalJordan[/nom]Off Topic: It took me a good five minutes to figure what an "Eski" was referring to; I had never heard the term before, I assumed Aussie slang. So for all my fellow Yanks as dense as I: Its an ice chest. "Eski", short for "Eskimo", they live in cold regions...ice chest = cold...get it? I need to get out more.On Topic: If Mom says "No", ask Dad. If Dad says "No", ask the manufacturer. Hope my kids don't figure this one out...[/citation]
Let them figure it out, most manufacturers will say no, and if they do learn it they will go through you and mom faster and leave you alone, and if they get free stuff (doubtful but guess i can happen) you don't pay for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS