Girl Halts Kidnapping by Pretending iPod is iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waynewarrior78

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I know I didn't have to read it or click on it but.......

Once again, how the hell is this news?

Tom's Hardware used to be fun and exciting to read, but now it seems like a plug for companies to advertise their products. Throw up a review, tutorial, or anything related to tech rather than this garbage. I dont even care if the review is for a useless tech device, as long as it is techie in nature. Hell, pay me $10 and Ill do it :) haha

Seriously though, everyone who agrees (if you dont that is fine) SPEAK UP :)

waynewarrior78

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
***News flash***

A man broke into a house and stole numerous devices. One of the devices was a laptop with windows 7 on it.

Well have more at 8

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
None of this makes sense. Why would a white van pull up to the driveway at a middle school then speed off when a schoolgirl sais she's calling 911. The serial killer van is played out, seriously pedphiles/rapists use cars rented in their mothers name, I should know.. err I mean thats what I heard anways..

In other news teenage girls were found guilty off lying to attract attention.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Marcus doesn't need anyone to check grammar and spelling. All of us commenters do that for him - saving him time. Well played, sir.[/citation]

But sometimes they don't even fix it.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok, so why didn't she take down the license plate number?...she had the technology to do so...this story smells fishy to me

knightofdames

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
""The man, described as a white male, 35-45 years of age, with a dark crew cut styled hair, then quickly afterward.""

I think the girl just fooled Steeve

Railgun1369

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]On an journalism related note, it's time Toms hires Marcus two full time proof readers.[/citation]

Heh...

"On A journalism related note..."
It's time Capulet hires his/her own before knocking someone else's proof reading abillity. ;)

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
She could have used Skype to actually call the Cops with her Ipod by using Wi-Fi.

She is a dumb fellow.

Breaking news: Your mom uses a Apple product! This is the biggest news we ever had since 9/11!

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Stop hating on Marcus. I am sure our grammar would suck too if we had to learn his native tongue as our second language. Take it for what it is.

And kudos to the girl even if it didn't really happen. This should give a ton of people ideas hopefully, to avoid capture and abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.