Glide2x.dll error

csmelch

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
After a system restore on XP I can't get a favorite game to load. I get a "GlideInitEnvironment:glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none detected" message. The game worked fine before this. Any suggestions on how to fix? I tried downloading the glide2x.dll and putting it in my windows system folder and it didn't help.

hang-the-9

Titan
It would help if you let us know what game this is and what your system specs are (video card, etc...). I can't think of any current game that uses Glide, or looks for a Voodoo card, so I'm thinking you may need to re-install the game and probably the graphics drivers. Maybe run the game in a different mode that does not use Glide.

csmelch

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
It's Star Wars Rouge Squadron. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Also have already tried the two modes the game provides for graphics and neither work.

hang-the-9

Titan

You may need to check the system specs for the game and maybe the vendor support sites, they probably have a board like this one to check on. Make sure you have the video drivers installed as well, you may end up needed to install an older version of them, I have seen times where older drivers work when new ones don't. Very rare, but happens.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
David___Only Apps General Discussion 0
KloneCSGO Apps General Discussion 2
reble Apps General Discussion 2
I Apps General Discussion 5
B Apps General Discussion 1
R Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
J Apps General Discussion 4
J Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 6
F Apps General Discussion 1