gmail name altered

qubusqubus

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Hi,
For many years i have used gmail quite successfully without any problem. However, my young daughter now has access to my laptop and has been looking at YouTube. I am not sure of any detail, but the upshot is now that, when I send an email to anyone, instead of my name and title of the email subject being displayed, my name is replaced by <cool_science> name@gmail.com. I have tried without success to remove this (is it a profile?) If anyone has a suggestion, I should be more than grateful.

Solution

Need to find out what was done, it's probably just logged on as a different account, log out whatever account is on there and logon with your own account. Happens all the time when you select "remember my login" or something similar. My family does it with Facebook all the time.

helpmeobi9

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
It's a temporary browsing session where no data is stored locally - if you are using chrome its an incognito window, if firefox its something like inprivate, internet explorer its called something else cant quite remember.

qubusqubus

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I don't really know; I am told that she set up an account with Youtube. i think that both gmail and Youtube are Google products. Otherwise, I am in the dark.

Need to find out what was done, it's probably just logged on as a different account, log out whatever account is on there and logon with your own account. Happens all the time when you select "remember my login" or something similar. My family does it with Facebook all the time.

Solution