GM's Prototype EN-V: The Next-Gen People Mover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Unless it can safely hit the streets, dont call it a people mover. And dont try and convince me that thing is safe traveling 30mph+...

G

Oh Yeah,
That will replace my SUV...........NOT
that is until there is a government mandate :(

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
The present automobile is ubiquitous because of government regulations designed to make them so.

Streets can be regulated in a manner to make alternative vehicles safe and practical.

Inner city streets do not have to be designed to carry traffic the same way inter city highways carry traffic.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]pinkfloydminnesota[/nom] Inner city streets do not have to be designed to carry traffic the same way inter city highways carry traffic.[/citation]
i beg to differ, you do like your groceries, furniture and other products you get and use in your every day life right? do you really think they bring crates of your starbucks coffee to the store in golf carts? don't ever move as you will have to carry your stuff by hand esp. that nice comfy couch to where ever the nearest road capable of handling a moving van is. i wonder what you will do when your refigerator or stove ever need to be replaced. if your in the northern latitudes this thing would never make it in the snow, and a small enough snow plow would be so small and light after the 2nd-3rd snow they'd be unable to plow your streets

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
there's a golf cart at caltech that does more and better and carriers 4 people.
these are just research vehicles, they would never actually even get to the NTSB or see a public road with out the road being shut down for experimental use. this thing looks like an egg which brings to mind this age old paradox:
which came first chicken or the egg?
in the case of this machine, driving on the same road as any other GM product like my K2500 or a Mac/International/Peterbuilt/Freightliner is going to result in a game of chicken where the egg gets turned into a dull redish brown stain on the road.
i personally know of several pothole that would eat this thing for breakfast, so who wants to get scrambled/poached or turned overeasy?

-lukin-

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]in the case of this machine, driving on the same road as any other GM product like my K2500 or a Mac/International/Peterbuilt/Freightliner is going to result in a game of chicken where the egg gets turned into a dull redish brown stain on the road.i personally know of several pothole that would eat this thing for breakfast, so who wants to get scrambled/poached or turned overeasy?[/citation]

lmao...love it. This thing is pretty rad and would be fantastic for dorm dwelling college students...but honestly id prefer a segway :)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Definitely going to much more successful than the GM EV1 (http://www.generationev.com/)[/citation]

Imagine trying to get a BJ by the girlfriend! I def will stick to trucks thank you :)

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]i wonder what you will do when your refigerator or stove ever need to be replaced[/citation]
OK. Thank you for stating the idiotic reason many people drive around in a pickup truck which they use for it's intended purpose less that 1% of the time, while wasting lots of fuel 99% of the time. Ever heard of a delivery van?

G

Mopeds are a far superior technology to this, either the gas or all-electric variants... This is an excuse to put a $30k price tag on something that should not cost more than $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.