GM's Prototype EN-V: The Next-Gen People Mover

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Screw mopeds (I am assuming you are using the common usage of the word moped, most people call scooters, mopeds. The true definition of the word moped is hugely awesome), give me a motor bicycle. Faster, better gas milage, DIY (do it yourself), lighter, no dead weight as you can pedal to at least 10 mph, and if the motor fails you you can still get to where you need to go or at least get some place.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Good for the occasional driver that doesn't need a full-blown car, I suppose. I'd consider it more like a replacement for the scooters - protection from elements and some comfort, while maintaining the maneuverability.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
So... its a slightly bigger segway with TRON lights.

Its no more dangerous than a scooter, but offers a cover from the elements.

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
We don't use passenger cars as snow plows either. The streets can easily be regulated to limit large deliveries to certain times of day (before after rush hour say). It's not ideal but there is no more room for growth in many cities with the present size of cars and trucks. Either stagnate growth or change the way people and stuff move.

sagansrun

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Please!. GM, go back and try again, do not pass go and fire the idiot designer of this "vehical". I would rather drive a pack mule than this POS looking jelly peice of candy.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bsbsbsbs[/nom]When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious shit.[/citation]

LOLz. Best comment thus far.

(You ARE thinking fourth dimensionally)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]This thing is not any more ridiculous than many similar rides coming out of Japan. Just a concept, so remember that...lol.[/citation]

More like going 'Back in Time' while listening to Huey Lewis!!!

G

My god, when will Segway give it up? This is nothing but a two-seat enclosed segway scooter. Segway was a commercial failure. The company tried all kinds of variations of their segway scooter in all kinds of markets. The end result? Total failure. Again and again. Now these geniuses have convinced GM (we know GM isn't very bright either) if you put a body on a segway scooter, you might be able to try (again) and fool the world...not!! What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS