Robsolutely

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
I would like to stay around $1k or less, but also have an open mind.

Smart TV. 1080p minimum. Good internal speakers, wall mountable, decent hz, thin bezel.

Solution
1k USD? I don't know of any good ones at that price range, perhaps you can find something on a sale or second hand.

What about a projector, is that something you considered, given how big you want the TV to be? My 77" screen feels too small already, and I use it for TV, Movies, Gaming. I'm 2.5m away from the screen, and it's definitely too small, but if I put my old 32" TV where it used to be at that same distance, it's way too small, so you adjust really quickly. I only have 460 lamp hours or so.

Random search, random Samsung appears: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60J6200-60-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00U9U9AAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457220421&sr=8-3&keywords=60%22+TV

Seems like a good option. Native 120 Hz, so cinema experience if...
1k USD? I don't know of any good ones at that price range, perhaps you can find something on a sale or second hand.

What about a projector, is that something you considered, given how big you want the TV to be? My 77" screen feels too small already, and I use it for TV, Movies, Gaming. I'm 2.5m away from the screen, and it's definitely too small, but if I put my old 32" TV where it used to be at that same distance, it's way too small, so you adjust really quickly. I only have 460 lamp hours or so.

Random search, random Samsung appears: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60J6200-60-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00U9U9AAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457220421&sr=8-3&keywords=60%22+TV

Seems like a good option. Native 120 Hz, so cinema experience if you watch a movie, provided the player supports the 24p mode. And it's thin.

Solution

Robsolutely

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks. I went ahead and got it, despite some unfavorable reviews concerning judder. I hope it won't be too much of an issue. Any calibration tips?

Also, I have my 40" hanging on a Samsung Ultra Slim Wall Mount WMN2000A, which has since been discontinued. I need something similar that can support this new 60" TV. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I missed this one, sorry about that.

- When setting up a new TV for best picture, if you don't have any tools to work with, you always want to change the picture preset to Cinema/Movie/Theater, or similar, depending on what language you use on it.

- You also want to turn the sharpness all the way down to 0, but, if you notice a tint of color, change the sharpness to 1.

- You want to disable everything that's dynamic, contrast, brightness, you name it.

- You want to make sure the TV is 1:1 pixel mapped. 99% of TV's come in 16:9, which isn't 1:1, you're losing small detail if you use that. You want to make sure it's not overscanning, usually called Overscan: ON/OFF, Just Scan, and so on. Look in your manual if you're having trouble figuring it out.

- You want to make sure interpolation is turned off when viewing content that isn't sports, especially games. Even though this is preference, it may cause artifacts.

No, I don't have any suggestions actually. I don't know what's available to you. Your best bet is to speak to Samsung directly via a live chat:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/live-chat.html