Good free programs to convert DOC to PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I'm looking for a program that's purely freeware (no trials allowed) that converts a DOC file to PDF. CutePDF and other printer-based ones glitch as they won't set the paper size to 6 by 9 inches, only 8.5x11. Word is indicating that the margins are outside the printable area (of which is illogical as I have half inch margins, not a negative margin (and for conversion, margins of even 0 inches should still work). I just want the document copied though in PDF format, nothing else.

nikorr

Distinguished
Try this one -- http://www.7-pdf.de/7-pdf-maker/ Use google to translate to english : )

The PDF software 7-PDF Maker presents itself!
Whether for home or office - 7-PDF Maker is a very versatile, easy to use Freeware PDF generator for creating PDF files for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows7 !
The software works not as a PDF printer, but purely as a PDF file converter! This means they can directly convert file formats supported by PDF. If you are locking for a PDF printer, you should 7-PDF Printer use.
The PDF software provides the following functions:
Generated PDF and PDF / A-1 from over 80 file formats and image
Created PDF hyperlinks from MS Word referrals (email, web link, etc.)
Generation of tagged PDF files (indexed PDF files)
Automatically generates PDF contents of paragraph styles
Converts directly / natively include the following formats to PDF: DOC -> PDF, DOCX -> PDF, PPT -> PDF, PPT -> PDF, XLS -> PDF, xlsx -> PDF, ODT -> PDF, ODS -> PDF ODP -> PDF, RTF -> PDF, HTML -> PDF, TXT -> PDF, JPG -> PDF, GIF -> PDF, PNG -> PDF, TIFF -> PDF, EPS -> PDF, PSD -> PDF , BMP -> PDF, WMF -> PDF, and many more ...

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
PDFCreator, although a printer (of which I was starting to avoid), surprisingly worked despite a setup almost identical to CutePDF, of which doesn't work. Word didn't complain about the margins being outside the printable area (how can half inch margins be outside?) and no problems occurred. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.