Poke883

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
So I'm looking for a 40 or so inch TV, not computer monitor, that would work well for gaming. I hear led TVs with 120 Hz work well but I'm having problem finding one that's not a smart TV and withing my previous constraints. Anyone out there have an idea? Along with that, if there a recommendation for brand and if so, what are the reasons behind it? Additional information, I will be connecting a ps3, a Wii and possible a moderately powerful computer to this. Thank you in advance.

Solution
actually... most 120hz tvs only accept 60hz input and post process the extra frames in which would create lag when using 120hz mode for pc or console gaming unless you turn that off and use 60hz mode. i've heard there are a few which can run at higher framerates with a firmware update but this is uncommon. while it might be impossible to find a standard 60hz tv currently (you may need to go with a 120hz) you will most likely be disabling 120hz for gaming so do not count on this as a feature.

sony, samsung and lg are top tier choices and have parts available in case they break. low end brands like vizio generally are throw-out tvs however offer much for the price. generally i always advise going with a quality product however that is...
actually... most 120hz tvs only accept 60hz input and post process the extra frames in which would create lag when using 120hz mode for pc or console gaming unless you turn that off and use 60hz mode. i've heard there are a few which can run at higher framerates with a firmware update but this is uncommon. while it might be impossible to find a standard 60hz tv currently (you may need to go with a 120hz) you will most likely be disabling 120hz for gaming so do not count on this as a feature.

sony, samsung and lg are top tier choices and have parts available in case they break. low end brands like vizio generally are throw-out tvs however offer much for the price. generally i always advise going with a quality product however that is your choice.

Solution