Good Headphones/set for *MUSIC and BASS*

Faurholdt

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
I am looking for a nice pair of headphones for my desktop computer.
I've been looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 80 PRO. (I got that recommended on headfi.org)
And a headfi.org user also said that I needed a good sound card or a dac amp (possibly e10k)
(I have a integrated motherboard sound card thingy)

I want the headset to be in a nice quality and with good sound and bass..
But is that overkill? expensive headset + expensive dac amp.

Solution
if you want bass, the dt770 pro 80 is definitely worth looking into. its bassy and like the m50 is capable of sub level bass output however its not a bass cannon which is so bloated everything else is flabby. the dt770 maintains good clarity on the treble end as well. overall a very good pair of headphones for sub $200.

it is true that you would want a decent soundcard or amplifier to take advantage of them. you may be able to make due on something like a soundblaster z but honestly a headphone amplifier would be a better choice. yes, the e10k would work (is a dac+amp) or you could use your onboard dac (if its okay quality) and only an amplifier like the a3 or schiit magni.
Only you can say whether $200 headphones are overkill.
There are some equally good headphones that can benefit from a better DAC and/or amp but aren't as hard to drive. That means that they will work OK on your mobo for now but can be upgraded when and if you want to. If you don't need sealed headphones you might look at Grado.

if you want bass, the dt770 pro 80 is definitely worth looking into. its bassy and like the m50 is capable of sub level bass output however its not a bass cannon which is so bloated everything else is flabby. the dt770 maintains good clarity on the treble end as well. overall a very good pair of headphones for sub $200.

it is true that you would want a decent soundcard or amplifier to take advantage of them. you may be able to make due on something like a soundblaster z but honestly a headphone amplifier would be a better choice. yes, the e10k would work (is a dac+amp) or you could use your onboard dac (if its okay quality) and only an amplifier like the a3 or schiit magni.

Solution