Google and Samsung Unveil the Galaxy Nexus

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]It depends on what you mean by faster . . . Perhaps when Samsung decides to release the Galaxy S II LTE HD, Android will have a phone that beats the 4S.[/citation]

Beats the 4S in what way?

screen resolution : Nexus
Pixel density : Nexus
CPU power : Nexus
Modem speeds : Nexus
OS customization : Nexus
GPU Power : 4S

I guess the 4S is still the best* phone

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]LOL, LOL. Everybody remember the name WATCHA - Steve Handjobs #1 fan. All he does is sit at home all day and trolls on all the Android and iPhone articles. He has no life and don't upset him or he will write 30 comments of his opinion on why iPhone is the best and how he right about everything. It doesn't matter if you show proof that he is wrong with website links. He will just type, LOL you are stupid. Again, don't forget the name WATCHA,[/citation]

Wow, are we in high school?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I wonder if people argued about touch-tone vs. pulse-dial in the 60's like this.

Obviously there was no discussion forum like this; maybe they just yelled at each other through a chain-link fence.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rVpjeUhx1M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The above vid should clear a few things up. Like the phone does actually have a microSD slot, as we would have expected. The specs are just pointing out the highlights, rather than every detail.

That said, I'm sorta getting a "meh" out of this one. I wonder how it will do against Moto's Razr. Yes, it sounds silly saying that, but the new Android Razr actually looks like it might do really well against the Nexus on Verizon, due to its aesthetics alone.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV [...] Yes, it sounds silly saying that, but the new Android Razr actually looks like it might do really well against the Nexus on Verizon, due to its aesthetics alone.[/citation]
Na, not possible. No one but iSheep consider aesthetics when buying a phone /sarcasm

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]All I know is this:By the end of 2011, more people will have left their Android Phone for the iPhone than will leave the iPhone for an Android phone.Dispute it all you want, but in this business, that means A LOT.[/citation]

Even if this is true, it is not a very illuminating. There are far more people buying Android phones than iPhones so you'd expect there to be more people coming and going.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]SILVER565[/nom]the iPhone 4S isn't better. But I would expect iSheep to be saying otherwise[/citation]

I still don't see why whether or not one is better is so important. Why is it?

Katzie

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Disappointingly average specs. iPhone still the daddy.[/citation]

iphone 4s - 800mhz 512ram no 4g
top droids - 1ghz-1.2ghz 1gb ram yes to 4g

nuff said?

G

4.65 in screen?? Wtf! Why can't they make the good phone that can actually fit in the pocket.This obsession with screen size is insane.

uuicked

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]This is absolute nonsense. It's this exact idiocy of thinking that Androids are for 'power users' that is the ignorance I detest, and the same mistake which drives a lot of people to irrationally disregard Apple phones. The best minds I know who are heavily ingrained high up within the technology industry and are most definitely 'power' users all prefer iPhones. Don't confuse the intuitive interface with a simple phone.[/citation]

Look up the stats before you make stupid claims. Iphone 4s, 800mhz dual core < Prime 1.2 Ghz. Iphone 4s 512kb ram < Prime 1GB. If you like to take pretty pictures for your boyfriend well then pal your neato Iphone will trump the Prime... in all other situations where users want something unique without sacrificing in processing power, the Prime is a no brainer! Hell, most any android phone released this year has a better processor/ram combo than the Iphone, its just the dang bloatware on droids that helps iphones "SEEM" more powerful.

uuicked

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]It's huge. This phone will crack inside my jeans pocket.[/citation]

Stop wearing skinny jeans... start shopping for jeans in the mens section dude

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]1. How long does the battery last?2. What is call quality like?Neither of those questions were answered.[/citation]

This is not a review, get over yourself. But yeah, those are 2 very important questions.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]This is absolute nonsense. It's this exact idiocy of thinking that Androids are for 'power users' that is the ignorance I detest, and the same mistake which drives a lot of people to irrationally disregard Apple phones. The best minds I know who are heavily ingrained high up within the technology industry and are most definitely 'power' users all prefer iPhones. Don't confuse the intuitive interface with a simple phone.[/citation]

I assume you work at the apple store and the best minds you work with that you think are high up in the technology industry make $12 an hour at the genius bar.
Myself, working for a software company as a beta tester have access to all Phone operating systems. I believe Nokia Symbian had the best operating system way above the rest but had no software support.and now is on its deathbed.

Everybody knows in the technology high end world, that Windows 7 Phone are the one they pick and are fanatics about it. I am not the biggest fan of Windows 7, but it is a fact. They all rave about how they can tweak to pretty much do anything they want, and they are running dual boot with Windows 7 and Android via Linux. I have seen some incredible things. I might have to switch to the dark side and use one as my main phone when Windows Mango comes out and run Android secondary on dual boot.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]So you are calling yourself an idiot? From the way you "argued" your own point, I am left with the impression that you are.[/citation]

Yeah, because that makes sense?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]dynamoair[/nom]Thank you Subaru41. That is good to know. You should check out this article.http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iPhone [...] M_comments He keeps going on and on. I have never seen someone so upset, crying, and ranting like him before.[/citation]

When you're so owned in an article and so upset by it that you have to spam it in other articles, I think that's a new low, even for you.

Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS