Google Blocks Local Content Streaming on Chromecast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
@kinggraves
Yeah, ALL 20 people that posted before you that were NOT in support of this move got it wrong I guess. You know us 'kids' are just dumb I guess. You'll just stick by Google no matter what I guess, fanboy! If Apple did this move you would be all over them in a second. The bottom line is this was seen a selling point for the item and to pull it back after you already spent the money on it is just dirty. No matter who does it!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Google never claimed to support the feature so don't expect a pat on the shoulder if you bought it. It was a modded in ability that was obviously going to be patched. Google wants to use it to sell pay services and it's own Google play content, just like Nexus. Bottom line, it's 35$, you get 35$ worth, which is about nothing. That's why better devices cost more kids.

phrancis

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Aww crap, I just ordered a chromecast from that $29 sale. Wonder if it will ship with this update or if I can use it without updating...

joesickboy

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Lets face it people . Google is no ones friend . Just most people today google only cares abt google . Selfish and in a way their stealing from us . GIVE IT BACK GOOGLE WE KNOW YOU TOOK IT . AND WHERE IS OUR X-MAS PRESENT . WITH ALL THE BILLINONS OF DOLLARS WE THE PEOPLE MAKE YOUR COMPANY. HOW ABOUT GIVING SOMETHING BACK . WER GETTING PISSED

Status
Not open for further replies.