Google Chrome Coming Out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Stable version for Vista 64 bit would be a good start. Chrome makes it crash every once in a while.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Wow I remember telling myself "Hey I need to try that." Now here I am and I still am sticking with my Firefox.... Now I actually have to try it to hold onto a piece of my nerd status.

Stinkyweezilteet

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Chrome's beta beats all other Windows browsers at the Acid3 test. Only Safari running on a Mac can beat it. Check it for yourself at http://acid3.acidtests.org/ . Hey Tom's, how 'bout a browser comparison and benchmarking?

G

I love chrome to death...

However it has many flaws...

For one...

It freezes constantly... even with write caching disabled completely (even in OS system changes)

Also Theres no way to bookmark all the tabs open... wtf is up with that... like honestly...

And theres no easy way to tell it to update as it downloads updates automatically... except it never tells you so it annoys me to death that I don't know what version I have

But I love chrome so much compared to the other browsers... the address bar being a search engine is unbelievably helpful

BTW!!!

Google needs to come out with OFFICIAL chrome themes, not some shitty custom dll

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Can it beat the current Firefox prebeta build of 3.1? I get a 92/100 on the acid3 test, with only the second from the last box (between the purple and the green one) still unfinished.

G

I don't think google's gona settle with just 1% of the browser pie ! All we can do is wait for them to roll out an ace hidden underr their sleeve !
Hail Google !

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymoussious[/nom]Stable version for Vista 64 bit would be a good start. Chrome makes it crash every once in a while.[/citation]
I use a pirated version of Vista Ultimate X64,and I haven't had a SINGLE issue with crashing.
Funny.
On XP machines,I've seemed to have far further issues.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Let's not forget that it is still in Beta version. While bugs and crashes are unpleasant, they are to be expected. I still only use IE for those pesky applications and addons that "requires" it and I don't like to bother with multiple softwares that do the same job. However, since Windows Update is now stand-alone in Vista, I will surely give Chrome a shot anytime soon.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Not to steal the limelight from Chrome here, but people should really try Opera 10 if you're at all interested in getting a new browser. It's wicked fast, has tons of "add-ons" like FF, and seems to do a better job rendering pages than previous versions.

http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

its 30% faster than previous opera versions, which were already almost as fast as the fastest.

rmse17

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
[citation][nom]proeus[/nom]if it doesn't run on linux, it doesn't exist.[/citation]

LoL, I am glad my games are immune from your statement

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Actually the linux thing is a rather sore mark for Chrome considering it falls under an open source initiative. Jokes aside but by not supporting the community which allowed Google to exist in the first place (they ran their servers on red hat 4 when they started) it really raises some questions.

I'm sure as this is beta it will be corrected in the near future.

I tried chrome, it launches fast, I like the simple interface. I'd love to have it as a web browser on a cell phone.

I like FF, Opera and even IE (yes, that's right folks) better than the current version of Chrome for windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS