Google Chrome Left-clicking issue

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have yet another issue. Today it's with Google Chrome.

The issue is, whenever I try to click some things, like links on the Google search page, for example, I search for "turtles" and I try to click on the link that goes to Wikipedia, it does not work. Also one other thing that doesn't work is the Preview button right below the space where I'm typing this right now.

This is a Google Chrome specific issue. It does not happen in Internet Explorer or Firefox. All browsers are up to date. Also, I totally forgot I had Opera on here, let's see if it happens there... it works in Opera...

This happens on BOTH of the computers that I use. Computer 1 is an older, about 3 and a half year old Samsung laptop. Computer 2 is a slightly newer, about a year newer than 1.

1 was made in Jan. 2011 and bought in Apr. 2011. 2 was made sometime in early-to-mid 2012 and bought ?.

Specifications:

Samsung ? laptop
Intel Core i3 @2.53 GHz
4.00 GB RAM (3.80 GB usable)
Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 (64-bit)
1366x768 15-inch display
Computer 2 performs way better a lot of times, especially in gaming.

Samsung Series 7 ? laptop
Intel Core i7 @2.20 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 (64-bit)
1600x900 15-inch display
Performs a lot better than 1, especially in gaming
A second monitor, an HP S2031 1600x900 20" monitor is used a lot, through the (I think) Mini-vga port. The S2031 only supports VGA and DVI-D (by the way, does the D on the end mean dual-link) so I use a Mini-vga to VGA adapter, then there's just a normal vga cable that goes to the monitor. When gaming, normally the S2031 is used. When not gaming, both are normally used.

Any help would be appreciated.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Do you sync your settings and extensions across these PCs with your google account? There may be a setting or extension that is interfering and causing the problem. You could try using incognito mode and see if that changes anything (incognito mode will not load your extensions unless you explicitly allow them to be enabled)

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

I don't know, because my theme and extension button arrangement and bookmark arrangement are different. I have no clue why but a while back, on computer 2, it said the sign in details are out of date (to sign into google chrome through the menu) and then I (not because this happened) rearranged my bookmarks on 2. They stayed like they were how I re-arranged them on computer 2. But on 1 they stayed how I left them before. Computer 1 does not say my sign-in details are out of date. It says Signed in as (my email address, you don't need to know what it is)@gmail.com so when I set up a new computer and sign into chrome, the arrangement from Computer 1 is used it looks like.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Try creating a new "user" on Chrome in the settings and don't sign in to google with this new user. This will give you a clean slate with no bookmarks, temporary files, adjusted settings, or extensions, then see if the problem persists. If it does, then there is a configuration problem in your account or extensions that is causing the issue and we will have to figure it out by removing everything and adding stuff back one by one until the problem resurfaces.

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

I didn't have to create one I had one that didn't use. This didn't happen on that user.

I'm too tired to remove everything and add em back.