Google Chrome Surges Past 10% Market Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE_D

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well Firefox just wasn't doing it for me anymore.
Then Adblockplus for Chrome came out and BAM! I was a Chrome User

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The reason I dumped IE9 is because GTA 4 wouldn't launch properly and it would only start 20% of the time, the other 80% it would stop responding during the R* logo.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I don't like Google keeping track of every move that I make on the interwebs so I am going to stick with Opera and Firefox.

G

Chrome just runs so much smoother and faster then Firefox and IE. And the layout is superb.

The only thing I dont like about it is that I cant update it to the new Flash Beta that allows me to use full screen video with dual screens.

swimswithtrout

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]JE_D[/nom]Well Firefox just wasn't doing it for me anymore.Then Adblockplus for Chrome came out and BAM! I was a Chrome User[/citation]

Unless it can also integrate NoScript like FF, than no thanks.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I have seriously removed everything Google-related from my computer because of that stupid GoogleUpdate.exe, that sometimes simply stopped other processes (like my audio driver application for instance) from starting up.

Why do they have to use that? Why can't the programs search for updates themselves like every other program does?!

mikeinjbay

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I use Chrome because of its speed. However, it's still very buggy and at least once a week, I need to switch to Firefox or IE to print or view a web page properly.

G

I hate how Chrome is unfriendly to multi-tab browsing (I usually have 80+ tabs open). Some moron must have thought that squeezing tabs smaller and smaller would be a good thing! Until I can have more than 40 tabs open in chrome without having to GUESS which is which, I will stick to FF with Chrome as my backup. It's a shame, too, Chrome already has all the functionality and speed I want, and it wouldn't be much of an issue to switch!

I really hope someone has a fix for Chrome's tab management which would allow me to have more than 40 tabs open at once.

G

M$IE's market share numbers are falsely inflated by the fact that many corporations have been brainwashed into forcing their employees to use it and thus people have no choice. If it weren't for that, M$IE's numbers would probably be half or less than what they are now and the remaining two leaders would be increased proportionately.

G

I have the latest Chrome and it is annoying heck out of me , it is crashing quite often but i won't use Firefox as it is so bad, it's about time Google fixed the faults in both

G

For NoScript functionality, there is a NotScript extension for Chrome.

If there is software that installed Chrome without asking, you should report this to Google. They don't like this sort of thing and might want to take action.

As for tab-management in Chrome, there are a number of different extensions for this. There is also the ability to display tabs on the left, in a menu, etc...

Finally, Chrome doesn't report information to Google unless you configure it to do so (i.e., search suggestions, etc...) Since the code is in the open, people monitor this very carefully.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]JE_D[/nom]Well Firefox just wasn't doing it for me anymore.Then Adblockplus for Chrome came out and BAM! I was a Chrome User[/citation]
You realize Chrome extensions API does not allow ads to be 'blocked' but only 'hidden' right? Also, Chrome can not block ads within videos.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]swimswithtrout[/nom]Unless it can also integrate NoScript like FF, than no thanks.[/citation]
Noscript is not "integrated". It is an external 3rd party addon. Chrome has an alternative to Noscript called 'Notscript'. Though note, Notscript is far inferior to Noscript. This is due to the limitations of the terrible extensions API. Notscript in comparison to the original noscript is very limited and basic which will not protect you from browser hijacking.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]StareClipscom[/nom]For NoScript functionality, there is a NotScript extension for Chrome.If there is software that installed Chrome without asking, you should report this to Google. They don't like this sort of thing and might want to take action.As for tab-management in Chrome, there are a number of different extensions for this. There is also the ability to display tabs on the left, in a menu, etc...Finally, Chrome doesn't report information to Google unless you configure it to do so (i.e., search suggestions, etc...) Since the code is in the open, people monitor this very carefully.[/citation]
Notscript is inferior to Noscript due to limitations set by the extensions api.
The 'default' tabbing is still terrible for multitudes of tabs.
Some data is still sent from Chrome to Google.
Chrome is not open source but 'Chromium' is. Please learn the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.