Solved! How to sync Chrome account icon with Google account icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2020
Hi Guys
I hope this is the place to post this question. It may sound an unimportant trivial issue, but when I set up Chrome with a new Guest account on my laptop, I changed the little icon top right (left of the three dots) to a watermelon from the limited choice of images Chrome offered. Sadly, I do not recall how I did that! But I'm finding it really unhelpful it is not automatically syncronising with Google, once I'd signed up for a Google account with gmail, drive, etc. I've signed in and out of both and even reset, but nothing changes.

I changed my Google account to a personalised icon as usual, now the two icons (top right) are showing up differently in Tom's Guide (for example), whereas they should be the same, so I know where I am, if you see what I mean. OK here because I can see I'm logged on with my google account credentials, but that is not always the case. It is bugging me, because I basically need to know which creds to give when logging onto sites I've registered with. Sorry to be so wordy, but I don't seem to be able to insert a screen grab or image.

Can anyone offer me any insight how to fix this please?
Cheers :rolleyes: Chester
PC Windows 10, Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) up to date.

Sep 2, 2020
SOLVED!

I've spent a whole day playing around. Now cannot see how to change question to answered/solved. Anyway, I've found the only way to crack the problem, was to click on the icon next to the three buttons > manage people > add user

When giving name of user chose one of the images offered but this time the google icon was offered, so chose that.

Now return to user icon > manage people > delete the original user.

What a palaver! Now let's see if I can change the status of the question.

Cheers :beermug: Chester
Time for a cold beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.