Google Continues the Gift of Free Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]skype anyone?the only difference is that its free to other skype ussers but you have to pay to conect to landlines[/citation]
...which to me is a pretty big difference lol.

G

I'm from Canada and I just attempted to check out Google Voice, it says:

"Google Voice is not available in your country. Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future. "

So is this article missing a particular detail I was not aware of? Or is it falsely informing its readers?

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]skype anyone?the only difference is that its free to other skype ussers but you have to pay to conect to landlines[/citation]

Yeah, you clearly missed the point of the article. There are a good amount of voip services. The point of this is you can call landlines for free. Skype you don't get that.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]jellobb[/nom]I'm from Canada and I just attempted to check out Google Voice, it says: "Google Voice is not available in your country. Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future. "So is this article missing a particular detail I was not aware of? Or is it falsely informing its readers?[/citation]
http://www.tomsguide.com"""/us/"""

You're on a US website. What do you expect?

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
[citation][nom]jellobb[/nom]I'm from Canada and I just attempted to check out Google Voice, it says: "Google Voice is not available in your country. Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future. "So is this article missing a particular detail I was not aware of? Or is it falsely informing its readers?[/citation]

Google Voice is not available in Canada, but calling phones from Gmail is available...I'm in Canada and it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.