Google Earth Hits 1 Billion Downloads Milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnage9270

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Does downloads equal unique users?[/citation]

No, this includes all the people that had to reinstall it 500 times because it breaks on every update.

G

Love Google earth.

Discovered 2 new countries I never heard of before. Armenia and Azerbaijan.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I've used google earth for a lot of things including modeling wind farms with 3D turbines. Sketchup is a good add on and has a ton of 3D models ready to use. I didn't have to make my own turbines. I wish they would add more mapping utilities for overlaying things like townships, section lines, etc. A lot of that kind of data is available from the State governments but I have have a for-pay program called Global Mapper to make good use of it.

I have no complaints. Google earth has a lot to offer map makers and it's free.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
:( So many computers with additional services running, with Google auto update and Google Chrome just about to be pushed with EVERY update. Bloatware. Oh well.

P.s. NOTHING is really free especially from Google

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Love Google earth. Discovered 2 new countries I never heard of before. Armenia and Azerbaijan.[/citation]

You suck! Armenia is an ancient country. The first Christian country actually. The Kardashians are Armenians and many other famous people. The Armenians are second only to Jews and they don't like each other very much too.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]You suck! Armenia is an ancient country. The first Christian country actually. The Kardashians are Armenians and many other famous people. The Armenians are second only to Jews and they don't like each other very much too.[/citation]

Armenians are not too fond of Azerbaijanis either, typically... They did have a fairly nasty war some years back if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.