Google Launches Google Wallet NFC Payments System

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I don't see the need for a 3rd party to interfere with the process. Google doesn't have the secure infrastructure setup like the credit card companies who have been doing it for eons. It may be that this is just an app that actually calls on the credit card network in the background, so Google isn't really providing anything but an interface on top of everything. I'm sure this is what's going on.

I would rather use a wallet app created by the credit card companies themselves. They are the masters in security, not Google.

G

@PreciousL

you can always give it to Apple or Microsoft.....

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I will be interested to see how they secure the transaction process. I have confidence that Google will figure something out, but then hackers will find an exploit and the the endless battle will continue.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
They imply this will let you get rid of your wallet...yet it won't. Still need your ID and having a $20 bill on you at all times is still a good idea for emergencies. I'm also not sure if this is really all that more convenient.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I need to develop a *Disable NFC* app for the Market Place.

I can see hackers targeting this feature and disabling the "screen must be on" feature or better yet, create a spoofed PIN pad screen designed to steal your PIN number.

Status
Not open for further replies.