Google Releases Chrome 25 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]25?..lol they will be at 250 in a few weeks.[/citation]
Yeah, how did we get to 25 already in a couple of years? Do the larger numbers mean more popularity? It seems that it used to mean a new whole version number was for a major change with the tenths spot indicating minor changes. I cannot see Chrome as having 25 major version changes. Maybe people would perceive something like if Firefox was at version 4.6 (mainly numerical in reality) as being way behind in comparison?

Either way, I guess here's to continued improvement and innovation.

dark_wizzie

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Quit crying over version numbers. It's their product, they get to name their versions as they so desire. Who actually mandated that software versions rarely move up 1 whole number on the version number, anyways? Is anybody stupid enough to think Chrome's version is 25 there force is x2.5 better than IE 10? (Yes, but they're stupid.)

NOW, we can focus on Chrome, whether we like the product itself or not, instead of its version number.

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
NOW, we can focus on Chrome, whether we like the product itself or not, instead of its version number.

Let's focus on it then and ask - will it finally come with option to limit cache size, proper history management (ordering per page etc) and perhaps it won't keep 10 previous versions in chrome folder every time there's some minor update?

I'd love to get this fixed, Google come on, it's 2013 ..

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

Let's focus on it then and ask - will it finally come with option to limit cache size, proper history management (ordering per page etc) and perhaps it won't keep 10 previous versions in chrome folder every time there's some minor update?

I'd love to get this fixed, Google come on, it's 2013 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.