Google Toolbar Tracks Users Even When Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Uh-oh. Big boo boo for google. This happens just as google is branching out into other venues. Good job making people suspicious of anything google, you dopes.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Ever system that I work on that has a rogue spyware, maleware, or virus seems to have 3 or 4 tool bars installed. Maybe coincidence, but I urge users not to install them when given the choice regardless if it is from google, msn, yahoo, etc.

G

[citation][nom]m-manla[/nom]Wonder if they knew I now use Bing as my default web browser?[/citation]
Bing WEB BROWSER? What in the world are you talking about?

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]shuffman37[/nom]Bing WEB BROWSER? What in the world are you talking about?[/citation]Bingernet Explorer. It comes in the same package as the new Duke Nukem game.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hmm, I think I'll completely switch to a different search engine now. Google keeps hold of your search info the longest and apparently tracks your browsing sessions when they shouldn't.

G

"And in other news, Google and Microsoft merged today in an attempt to take over the world but sources refuted this claim stating that without an iPad, it could not be done"

G

So, do I care that google knows I search for rough butt sex, including Bill Gates, a donkey and Britney? I mean that can't be that uncommon!

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]shuffman37[/nom]So, do I care that google knows I search for rough butt sex, including Bill Gates, a donkey and Britney? I mean that can't be that uncommon![/citation]

It isn't, unless you want it during the "auntie visit days". I haven't found anyone sharing this interest yet. :(

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]shuffman37[/nom]So, do I care that google knows I search for rough butt sex, including Bill Gates, a donkey and Britney? I mean that can't be that uncommon![/citation]

Does Hitler care if you're Jewish? People can be hated for any reason, that's why privacy is important. You should be able to be you without having people judge you for it.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
IE version 6.3.911.1819 through 6.4.1311.42?

Wow, I’d leave the ‘bug’ there.

If you’re running IE6 security is not your top concern anyways.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]IE version 6.3.911.1819 through 6.4.1311.42?Wow, I’d leave the ‘bug’ there. If you’re running IE6 security is not your top concern anyways.[/citation]

version 6 of google toolbar FOR internet explorer, not version 6 OF IE

Status
Not open for further replies.