Google Users Complain Over Nifty ''Ballsy'' Logo

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

People complain way to much about nothing! No 'spike' in CPU usage for me. If you put your cursor in the text field and start typing the animation calms down sort to speak. So what, it is new technology and Google was trying some things out. Give it a rest! Geesh, go complain about something MORE important.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I'm running a netbook, and it doesn't bother me. Yeah, maybe it uses all of the cpu but I'm used to that, and it runs pretty smooth. I don't see where the issue is.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Umm, my i7 spiked to ~8% with the logo, now a C2d with 2 threads and a lower clock speed could possible spike like that. I actually noticed some lag when I was messing around with those, so some might spike.

bpeglow

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
CPU spiked to 47% while loading the new google.
CPU spiked to 64% while loading this article.
Doesn't seem to be anymore CPU intense than an average site loading.

G

I truly love the new logo. It reminds me of how I jiggle my own balls from time to time, though sadly, they are only one color :(. Next time I visit the site, I hope I get tea-bagged.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]As far as I'm concerned, the new logo is unprofessional. It honestly makes me feel like I'm at some spoof site and not really at the legit Google website. Not to mention, I just find it annoying.The logo distorts even if I simply move the cursor into the text box. I don't even have to touch the logo for it to flip out. Ultimately, what this means for Google is that the 10 seconds the person spends at the Google main page, their logo is present for perhaps 1 of those 10 seconds.Bad for brand recognition.[/citation]
Gawd, my IQ just went down 50 points by reading this...

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
On my C2D E8400 (stock speed) I'm pulling up to 45% usage when I'm disturbing the hell out of the balls in FF. Chrome, only about 12% MAX, and in IE8, far under 10%.

HOWEVER!
Even though IE8 had the lowest usage, the balls didn't change size, so it's slightly less fun.

phynesse

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Steve said HTML5 is the future, so it must be awesome. If you have problems with your CPU load, you re holding it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.