Google Working to Make Gmail Faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I don't use Buzz. They seem to believe that the slowness is related to the amount of storage space used. I don't use a lot of the space I have and I have not had any issues with speed. From my point of view their assessment may be correct.

G

I switched to Gmail because I found it loaded quite a bit faster than hotmail. I have to use satellite internet fairly often which is pretty slow and I found hotmail would take forever to load (if it would load at all) whereas Gmail seemed a lot more lightweight and loaded quite a bit faster (even without kicking it into HTML mode)

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]lightion[/nom]I switched to Gmail because I found it loaded quite a bit faster than hotmail. I have to use satellite internet fairly often which is pretty slow and I found hotmail would take forever to load (if it would load at all) whereas Gmail seemed a lot more lightweight and loaded quite a bit faster (even without kicking it into HTML mode)[/citation]

This is probably Javascript and AJAX speed issues rather than bandwidth issues. My mobile phone and laptop both load up Gmail inbox,it takes my phone 3 minutes and my laptop 3 seconds on the same connection. Hotmail is a lot more bandwidth intensive and slow from my experience too!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I have not noticed any lag.

I hate in Gmail that all the messages of a string stick together...I wish there was an option to stop that and see the emails as individual. I actually hate it!

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
gmail page loads are fine here - but just trying to type a reply can be an exercise in frustration with my text being laggy. If they can fix that, i'll be very happy.

Ryric

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
10% and its typically fine. Occasional slowness, but I tend to attribute that to internet connectivity rather then google.

Status
Not open for further replies.