Google's Chrome OS May Arrive Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Microsoft has always been against open source... remember when Linux started to hit the streets, even Corel Corp. had a version of Linux they made available, but thanks to the bailout by "vector capital" ~ Microsoft funding, Corel abandoned Linux and there is conveniently no more Mac version past version 11, which had a java install for both patforms. Between version 11 and 12 is when vector capital took Corel Private and eventually back to public funding after getting their financial house in order.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Android is a failure in the sense that it did not WOW the market.

It's not a compelling factor to a phone purchase.

If anything, the iPhone OS is much more dangerous to MS.

Chrome will follow the same fate. Just look at the chrome browser for reference. The chrome OS has nothing exciting for the market except for it's brand.

G

Maybe they just made it to ask microsoft for money not to release it.
Or to get state funds allover the world to release a free OS for poor countries(Linux based which is already free but most people still don't know and google has the power to spam the world with news)
Or to check what people surf for allover the world =power.

G

Maybe they just made it to ask Microsoft for money not to release it.
Or to get state funds allover the world to release a free OS for poor countries(Linux based which is already free but most people still don't know and Google has the power to spam the world with news)
Or to check what people surf for allover the world =power.

Smell's funny if u ask me. Are there any other good browsers this Google is getting out of hand.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
@scatrdfew Thanks for the info, downloading now. It is small comparred to other Linux distros, 486Mb. Will give it a try along with Slackware and open Suse on my Laptop before I upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 from 9.04, later this month.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]vorless[/nom]But can it run Crysis? Or any game for that matter?[/citation]

Thats why like Linux etc wont go anywhere. At least not in the next four years.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Given Google's position you could see the accessories menu be populated with google App's such as google finance, google analytics, news and google search of course. Before you say yes good thing remember Microsoft has been doing this for years as well. I think in general this could go the way of corel linux distro. The problem isn't usability with linux as much as APPLICATIONS and GAMES. Both of which are just plain easier to make on Windows.... Reactos imho has more open source OS potential

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
i have tried a couple of the betas that were out, personally id have been more excited going to one of my wifes candle or coupon parties.

nachochease

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]All this needs is media coverage and a load of people to spread the word and like cows in a field, people will plod over and buy. Doesn't have to be good, peopel will still buy.[/citation]

It's going to be free.

scatrdfew

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Uncle Meat[/nom]That is NOT Chrome OS. Read the fine print on the bottom of the download page.[/citation]

Maybe not, but it certainly does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.