Google's Eric Schmidt Supports Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Mr. Schmidt has said that while his decision is a "natural evolution" from his role as an informal adviser to the Obama campaign.....Schmidt has said he has no interest in entering politics.

I guess lying comes naturally to those in politics.

69camaroSS

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
You know I have to put up with politics on just about every other website that I go to. Why on a computer hardware website? Who cares who supports Obama; both canadates are stinking politicians who'll sell their grandmothers up the river to get elected. Oooh world changing; "the head of Google buys Obama's lies over McCain's." If you like either of them, you need your head examined. Tom's shouldn't print stuff like this and save room for new tech reviews.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I don't understand why people mention these things, and why it's a big deal. It's not like I worship this guy, and because he chose him, I will too. (though some mac users just might if steve jobs supported ______)
I have someone I support too, but because I don't make $50 billion, it doesn't matter.

G

So what else is new?

An interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal says that the rich vote for McCain. The ultra-rich vote for Obama. Presumably the ultra-rich either don't care about their taxes because it doesn't matter or they can afford good tax-accountants who help them shelter their income whereas people worth $1MM - $10MM still care about their taxes.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/10/13/the-rich-support-mccain-the-super-rich-support-obama/?mod=loomia&loomia_si=t0:a16:g4:r1:c0

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]AL_Frick[/nom]So what else is new?An interesting article in today's Wall Street Journal says that the rich vote for McCain. The ultra-rich vote for Obama. Presumably the ultra-rich either don't care about their taxes because it doesn't matter or they can afford good tax-accountants who help them shelter their income whereas people worth $1MM - $10MM still care about their taxes.http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/1 [...] 6:g4:r1:c0[/citation]
For the ultra rich, political influence is more important than some taxes. Think of Google cohorting with DOJ to block MS Yahoo deal.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm a Obama supporter and even I find this endorsement to be sort of odd and useless. I certainly doubt anyone will change their vote or even gain anymore respect for Obama from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.